Ali on the Run Show Episode 97: Amy Cragg
“I’m the one that simply places my head down and works truly arduous. That’s my factor.” —Amy Cragg
In February, Amy Cragg — who runs for the Bowerman Track Club — ran an implausible five-minute non-public absolute best at the Tokyo Marathon. She completed 3rd total, and solidified her spot amongst the greats, formally changing into the 5th quickest feminine American marathoner. Now, Amy is gearing as much as run the Chicago Marathon in October. On this episode, she stocks her objectives (she’s in it to win it!), how her coaching has been going, what it’s like coaching with Jerry Schumacher, and the way she handles drive. Plus, she displays on the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Trials, talks about her dating along with her Olympian husband, and stocks her goals of beginning a guitar band with former school roommate and buddy Des Linden.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wi-fi headphone package deal!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Amy displays on the 2018 Tokyo Marathon, her five-minute PR, and what her objectives had been for that race (1:45)
- Amy’s take on the energy of endurance, and whether or not a non-public report issues while you’re a certified runner (four:20)
- Why Amy made up our minds to run the Chicago Marathon this 12 months, and the way her coaching has been going (7:20)
- What it’s like when Amy races her teammates (11:35)
- Amy describes what it’s like to coach with the Bowerman Track Club (12:50)
- Whether Amy and Des Linden — who had been roommates in school — at all times knew they had been destined for greatness (15:50)
- Amy appears again on the 2012 Olympic Trials, when she got here in fourth, after which displays on the 2016 Trials, which she gained! (19:30)
- Amy compares the drive of competing at the Olympics to the drive of competing at the Trials — plus how she handles drive (26:30)
- Amy talks about her dating along with her husband, Alistair (29:30)
- Amy stocks the largest problem about being a certified athlete (33:00)
- Amy’s recommendation for somebody operating the Chicago Marathon (38:30)
What we point out on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re taking part in the display, please subscribe and go away a score and evaluation on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And should you preferred this episode, percentage it with your pals!