Cauliflower Beef Stroganoff Recipe | Wellness Mama
My mother is French and my dad is Irish, however one in every of our circle of relatives favourite recipes rising up used to be a Russian one… pork stroganoff. To me, you’ll be able to’t beat this combo of savory pork, mushrooms, onions, and a marginally of bitter cream. Here we’ve made it even slightly more fit via swapping nutritious (and decrease carb) cauliflower for the standard noodles.
Beef Stroganoff Over Cauliflower
To me, that is vintage convenience meals. My mother made a slow-cooked model served over egg noodles that used to be completely scrumptious. My brother and I most likely would have selected her pork stroganoff over sweet!
Unfortunately, because of genetic checking out and far analysis, I discovered that I couldn’t tolerate many grains. I additionally needed to keep away from dairy for some time (my oldsters discovered an identical effects from their checking out), making this circle of relatives favourite off-limits.
Over the years, I’ve slowly remodeled recipes I experience so as to lead them to extra nutrient dense and to house meals hypersensitive reactions. It’s difficult, however I check out my absolute best to do it with out shedding the flavour of the unique (continuously with many dismal screw ups alongside the way in which).
I discovered a solution to sub cabbage for noodles in spaghetti, and candy potatoes for noodles in lasagna. A couple of months in the past, it in the end dawned on me that there used to be an much more glaring substitution for egg noodles in pork stroganoff: cauliflower.
Cauliflower has a light style when steamed and could also be a really perfect texture as a base for a extra hearty dish like this. If you have got slightly extra time, this stroganoff is perfect over cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Tips for Phenomenal Beef Stroganoff:
- I’ve incorporated cooking instances for the simplest and fast model of pork stroganoff. I make it in about 30 mins on a hectic evening. For a extra gentle stroganoff, simmer the beef coated within the pan for an extra 30 mins on medium/low warmth. This step is extra vital for harder cuts of meat (flank or spherical steak) and no more vital for naturally gentle cuts (filet or sirloin).
- The spice suggestions are a place to begin. Feel loose to experiment and upload extra of them to fit your style.
- Sour cream is totally non-compulsory. If you devour dairy-free, you’ll be able to fail to remember it with no downside. If you utilize it, be sure to stir it in on the very finish after disposing of from the warmth.
- When cutting the beef into skinny strips, it may be more uncomplicated to slice when it’s nonetheless in part frozen. If it’s defrosted, I’ve discovered that kitchen shears also are truly useful for chopping it into skinny strips.
- For an ideal budget-friendly model, use floor pork instead of the sliced steak. The texture might be slightly other however the taste will nonetheless be superb.
Cauliflower Beef Stroganoff Recipe
A extra nutrient-dense tackle a convenience meals vintage. Hearty pork stroganoff over steamed cauliflower as an alternative of noodles. Gluten loose with dairy loose possibility.
Slice the steak into as skinny of slices as imaginable.
Melt the butter in a big skillet and upload the slices of meat.
Thinly slice the onion and upload to the pan.
Cook for Five-7 mins till the beef has began to brown and the onions are translucent.
Thinly slice the mushrooms and upload them to the pan with the beef.
Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and tarragon.
Add the meat broth and produce to a simmer over medium low warmth.
Simmer for approximately 25 mins till the beef is gentle and the mushrooms have softened.
While the beef is cooking, minimize the cauliflower into florets and steam till gentle.
Remove the beef from the warmth and stir in bitter cream, if the use of, stirring till neatly integrated.
Serve atop the steamed cauliflower and experience!
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 1074mg | Potassium: 1094mg | Fiber: threeg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14.three% | Vitamin C: 88.Five% | Calcium: 11.Five% | Iron: 17.four%
Ever attempted pork stroganoff? What used to be a favourite circle of relatives recipe rising up?