Honey Butternut Breakfast Crepes | Breaking Muscle
Squash is also an atypical selection for breakfast. However, when butternut squash is mixed with yogurt and sweetened with only a contact of honey, it makes an excellent custard-like filling for the interior of crepes. Crepes made with an almond flour base supply a pleasant nutty taste that compliments the earthy squash. Adding a ripe banana to the crepe batter supplies construction and a touch of herbal sweetness for a healthy breakfast with out numerous added sugar.
The clean, silky filling starts with a pre-cooked butternut squash. Pureeing the squash with Greek yogurt delivers a probiotic protein spice up in your breakfast. This nutrient packed breakfast will stay you feeling complete and happy way past your mid-morning regimen. Top those scrumptious crepes with a sprinkle of chopped nuts to supply further protein and wholesome fat whilst including a pleasing crunch in your morning ceremonial dinner.
Honey Butternut Breakfast Crepes
Calories 369, Protein 22g, Total Carbs 49g, Fat 12g
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 (2 crepes each and every)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Four tablespoons almond flour
- 1/Four teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/Four cup pre-cooked and pureed butternut squash
- 3/Four cup simple, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- half of teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Drizzle with honey, chopped pecans or almonds, and extra filling
- Add all crepe components to a blender and mix till clean.
- Over medium low warmth, warmth up a frying pan or crepe pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Once pan and oil are scorching, pour half of cup batter into pan and right away swirl pan to distribute batter into a skinny circle.
- Cook about 3-Four mins till most sensible seems to be dry.
- Carefully turn crepe and cook dinner on different aspect 2-Three mins.
- Lift onto a spot to chill and repeat for remainder of crepes.
- For the filling, stir in combination the pureed squash, yogurt, honey, and spice till clean.
- To compile crepes, position crepe on a plate, fill with squash aggregate and fold aspects of crepe over. Top with a drizzle of honey, almonds, and a dollop of extra filling.
- Both the crepes and filling may also be made forward, cooled, and saved one after the other in sealed packing containers within the refrigerator till in a position to collect and serve.
- You too can freeze the crepes by way of layering parchment paper between them in a freezer-proof container.