Honey Butternut Breakfast Crepes | Breaking Muscle
Squash is also an odd selection for breakfast. However, when butternut squash is mixed with yogurt and sweetened with only a contact of honey, it makes a super custard-like filling for the interior of crepes. Crepes made with an almond flour base supply a pleasant nutty taste that compliments the earthy squash. Adding a ripe banana to the crepe batter supplies construction and a touch of herbal sweetness for a healthy breakfast with out numerous added sugar.
The easy, silky filling starts with a pre-cooked butternut squash. Pureeing the squash with Greek yogurt delivers a probiotic protein spice up on your breakfast. This nutrient packed breakfast will stay you feeling complete and glad well beyond your mid-morning regimen. Top those scrumptious crepes with a sprinkle of chopped nuts to offer further protein and wholesome fat whilst including a satisfying crunch on your morning ceremonial dinner.
Honey Butternut Breakfast Crepes
Calories 369, Protein 22g, Total Carbs 49g, Fat 12g
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 (2 crepes each and every)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Four tablespoons almond flour
- 1/Four teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/Four cup pre-cooked and pureed butternut squash
- 3/Four cup undeniable, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- half of teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Drizzle with honey, chopped pecans or almonds, and further filling
- Add all crepe components to a blender and mix till easy.
- Over medium low warmth, warmth up a frying pan or crepe pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Once pan and oil are scorching, pour half of cup batter into pan and instantly swirl pan to distribute batter into a skinny circle.
- Cook about 3-Four mins till best appears to be like dry.
- Carefully turn crepe and cook dinner on different facet 2-Three mins.
- Lift onto a spot to chill and repeat for remainder of crepes.
- For the filling, stir in combination the pureed squash, yogurt, honey, and spice till easy.
- To compile crepes, position crepe on a plate, fill with squash combination and fold facets of crepe over. Top with a drizzle of honey, almonds, and a dollop of extra filling.
- Both the crepes and filling may also be made forward, cooled, and stored one after the other in sealed bins within the refrigerator till able to gather and serve.
- You too can freeze the crepes through layering parchment paper between them in a freezer-proof container.