How to Be Green Enough With Leah Segedie
We’ve talked so much about how to keep away from chemical substances at house and principally how to make house a more secure position for our children and households. It’s a worthy objective however it’s simple to get beaten when it begins to sound like the whole lot from air to water to candles to carpet is bad.
That’s why I really like Leah Segedie, my visitor as of late and writer of the ebook Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier — All Without Driving Your Family Crazy. That identify is correct at the cash and one thing all people mothers are attempting to do.
Leah is a meals activist and the founding father of the Mamavation Community, which teaches mothers like us wholesome residing practices to fight illness beginning in the house. Her final objective is to make wholesome residing simple to put into apply, with out residing in a bubble or spending hundreds on pricey merchandise. She’s all the time a blast to communicate to and I’m having a look ahead to evaluating notes!
Episode Highlights: Green Enough With Leah Segedie
- the largest supply of hormone-disrupting BPA and the way to keep away from it (p.s. it’s now not canned items)
- 3 basic items to keep away from within your house, duration
- the no-cost approach to cut back chemical publicity within your house
- how to in finding steadiness within the quest to have a wholesome circle of relatives
- the tactics fireplace retardants motive harm fairly than save you it
- which plastics are the least destructive, and which to all the time keep away from
- why you must throw out each kitchen utensil made with black plastic
- the puts phthalates are hiding in your house
- issues of tampons (and what to use as an alternative)
- and extra!
Resources We Mention
- Sign Leah’s petition asking Target to transfer to secure receipts
- Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier–All Without Driving Your Family Crazy! by way of Leah Segedie
- Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival?–A Scientific Detective Story by way of Theo Colborn
- Best dryer sheets: Eco Pure (reusable) or Grab Green
- Best laundry detergents: Attitude, BioClean, Charlie’s Soap, Eco Nuts, Eco-Me, Grab Green, and Molly Suds
- Menstrual cups: Diva or Luna
- Four Sigmatic mushroom espresso
More From Wellness Mama
Did you revel in this episode? What different questions do you may have for Leah? Please drop a remark beneath or go away a overview on iTunes to tell us. We price figuring out what you suppose and this is helping different mothers in finding the podcast as neatly.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is backed by way of Just Thrive probiotics. I discovered this corporate a few months in the past and was once blown away by way of the adaptation of their merchandise! Just Thrive gives two cornerstone merchandise which are each clinically research and extremely efficient. Their probiotic has been medical research to lend a hand with leaky intestine and to continue to exist up to 1000 up to different probiotics. The distinction is the spore-based traces which are integrated which paintings totally in a different way than different varieties of probiotics. This probiotic could also be vegan, dairy-free, histamine loose and is non-GMO, and made WITHOUT soy, dairy, sugar, salt, corn, tree nuts or gluten. Just Thrive Probiotic comprises a patented pressure referred to as Bacillus Indicus HU36®, which produces antioxidants within the digestive gadget – the place they may be able to be very best absorbed by way of the frame. Their different product is a K2-7, and this nutrient is referred to as the “Activator X” super-nutrient that Weston A. Price – a dentist recognized basically for his theories at the courting between vitamin, just right well being, bone building and tooth – discovered prevalent in meals within the healthiest communities. Theirs is the one pharmaceutical grade, all-natural nutrition K2 complement with printed protection research. Like the probiotic, this complement is gluten, dairy, soy, nut, and GMO-free. Check out each at Thrive Probiotics.
This podcast is introduced to you by way of Spar, a fab new app I discovered that allows you to gamify habits trade to make you much more likely to stick to it and right here’s what I imply. You obtain the app free of charge and create an account then you’ll sign up for or create a problem to permit you to do the rest from going for a stroll each day, doing 20 push-u.s.on a daily basis and even studying for a definite period of time on a daily basis. To make it amusing, you’ll problem buddies to sign up for you and also you take a look at in on a daily basis by way of video to end up that you just did it. If you pass over an afternoon of the problem you get charged a penalty and the winner takes the entire pot so you’ll in reality win some severe money whilst getting higher at a dependancy you wish to have to get well at anyway. People are the usage of this from the rest from flossing their tooth to studying on a daily basis or exercising or going to mattress by way of 10 pm. If you wish to have to test it out, simply obtain the Spar app from the App retailer and soar in.