Jennifer Kesse: Why Has This Missing-Persons Case Never Been Solved?
From all appearances, Jennifer Kesse of Orlando, Florida was once a cheerful, a success, well-adjusted 24-year-old lady with a shiny long run. Then she disappeared sooner or later in January of 2006 and hasn’t ever been discovered. Theories abound as to what came about, with many suggesting she was once killed by means of a male coworker whose advances she had spurned. Will we ever know what actually came about?
On January 23, 2006, Jennifer Kesse had simply returned from a holiday together with her boyfriend within the Virgin Islands. She drove to paintings that morning from her boyfriend’s space in southern Florida. She was once closing noticed leaving paintings at round 6:30PM. She positioned calls to her circle of relatives, buddies, and in any case her boyfriend—who lived two hours away—at roughly 10PM.
And this was once the closing touch she was once to have with someone who knew her.
The subsequent morning, her boyfriend grew involved after she didn’t name him or ship him any textual content messages. Attempts to telephone her went immediately to voicemail—investigators later made up our minds her telephone were grew to become off the evening earlier than.
A pair hours later, after she’d failed to seem for a very powerful assembly at paintings, her employers contacted her folks, who hadn’t heard from her, both.
Her folks made the two-hour force from their house to Jennifer’s apartment, the place they discovered indicators that she’d not too long ago showered. Her mattress was once unmade and there was once a rainy towel and water droplets nonetheless overlaying the bathe. It’s notable that even if an unknown guy’s sweater was once present in her laundry abate, her apartment was once by no means handled as a conceivable crime scene.
By that night time, government were contacted and her folks started distributing missing-person flyers with Jennifer’s picture.
More than a dozen years later, her folks are nonetheless on the lookout for her.
The Video Of Her Car
Two days after Jennifer disappeared, any individual who lived in an condo complicated just a little over a mile from Jennifer’s apartment spotted automotive parked outdoor their development resembled Jennifer’s 2004 black Chevy Malibu as were proven at the information. Sure sufficient, it was once Jennifer’s automotive.
Surveillance photographs confirmed an individual shedding off her automotive and strolling away at round 12 midday on January 24, about 4 hours after Jennifer would had been kidnapped whilst leaving her condo for paintings.
Unfortunately, the surveillance digicam was once no longer video however quite snapshots taken each and every 3 seconds. There had been 3 snapshots of the one who dropped off her automotive, however in each and every snapshot, the individual’s face was once obscured by means of bars from a gate outdoor the development.
Even even though FBI and NASA assisted in investigating the pictures, they had been not able to even decide the individual’s gender. The best possible they might inform is they had been brief—someplace between five’three” and five’five”. A reporter would later name the suspect “the luckiest person of interest ever.”
A police canine was once in a position to track a smell that led from the automobile again to Jennifer’s development, suggesting that the one who dropped off the automobile returned to the web page of her abduction.
Suspect #1: Her Ex-Boyfriend
Police interviewed an ex-boyfriend of Jennifer’s who was once brazenly distraught over their breakup, sought after to get again in combination once more, and was once reportedly disappointed that she’d simply vacationed with a brand new beau. It was once alleged that at one level after their breakup he drank himself “senseless” for 2 weeks and was once “inconsolable.”
But after an intensive interrogation, police made up our minds he had not anything to do together with her disappearance.
Suspects #2: Construction Workers In Her Building
At the time of her disappearance, Jennifer’s development was once present process primary renovations and most of the development employees had been undocumented immigrants who had been in fact dwelling in unoccupied condos at the premises whilst operating there.
Jennifer had many times informed her circle of relatives that most of the employees many times sexually stressed and catcalled her.
The reason why that some folks suspect a number of of the development employees is the truth that the sniffer canine had traced the one who dropped off her automotive proper again to her development.
Police tried to interview most of the 100 or so development employees however grew to become up no leads. It additionally turns out extremely not going that a number of of the employees may have pulled off an abduction and homicide with out a minimum of probably the most different employees studying.
Suspect #three: A Jealous Coworker
Investigators interviewed a coworker of Jennifer’s named Johnny Campos however concluded he was once no longer to blame.
However, those info are fascinating:
- Although a married guy, different employees allege that Campos made it very transparent that he desired a courting with Jennifer however was once rebuffed as a result of no longer best did she have a boyfriend, she refused thus far coworkers as an issue of coverage.
- A coworker named Adam stated that a couple of days earlier than Jennifer disappeared, Campos was once disappointed she was once courting her boyfriend quite than Campos.
- Adam testified that he seen an electronic mail between Kesse and Campos all the way through which Campos reportedly was once unsatisfied that she refused thus far him.
- He additionally says that once Campos noticed an electronic mail that Adam had despatched to Jennifer through which Adam informed her she seemed great as of late, Campos grew agitated and requested Adam if he was once sexually involved in her.
- On January 23, the day she returned to paintings after her holiday, a coworker reportedly claims he overheard a dialog between Campos and Jennifer through which Campos was once allegedly disappointed she went on holiday together with her boyfriend, just for Jennifer to inform him what a phenomenal time she’d had.
- On January 24, the day of Jennifer’s disappearance, Campos didn’t display up for paintings till midday. He was once reportedly agitated and excused his lateness by means of claiming he’d gained a site visitors price ticket, however this was once allegedly by no means verified.
- The day after Jennifer’s disappearance, Campos and a coworker named Adam had been speaking in regards to the case. Campos allegedly informed Adam that “she’s likely eaten up by alligators already.”
To this present day, Jennifer Kesse’s case stays unsolved and is without doubt one of the maximum mystifying high-profile missing-persons case in American historical past.