Protein-Packed Crepes Recipe With Cottage Cheese
My breakfast horizons have truly expanded now that my autoimmune situation is beneath regulate (because of nutrition, fasting, and assist from a super physician). I’ve began reintroducing some make a selection dairy to my nutrition, particularly since I discovered a brand new logo of grass-fed cottage cheese I will be able to in fact get in the back of.
One of the primary recipes I deliberate to check out with my new choices used to be one thing I’d been lacking for a very long time… original French crepes. I’ve a tried-and-true recipe for almond flour pancakes, however not anything compares to a mild and fluffy crepe with recent berries this time of yr.
Healthy Grain-Free (or Gluten-Free) Crepes
I performed with two choices for this recipe. The first choice is to make use of almond flour, which is perfect in the event you’re keeping off grains. I take advantage of this one for on a regular basis functions as we’ve grains best now and again.
The different model makes use of a gluten-free flour (produced from principally rice flour). Texture-wise, the gluten-free baking combine choice provides a lighter, extra crepe-like texture than the paleo model.
Thanks to the eggs and cottage cheese on this recipe, those crepes have numerous protein to fill children up within the morning or function a snappy snack all through the day.
I really like that businesses are popping out with better-for-you merchandise in the previous few years (because of shopper/mother call for!). I in fact discovered this logo of cottage cheese, which is each grass-fed and freed from fillers or components, at my native grocery retailer.
Best Crepe Techniques
I is probably not the most efficient individual to fill you in on crepe ways (now not Julia Child remaining I checked), however listed below are a couple of humble guidelines:
- Let batter sit down for no less than 15 mins or even as much as an hour earlier than serving. This lets in all of the liquid to truly take in for the smoothest imaginable crepe.
- Use a couple of Eight- to 10-inch pan for very best measurement and dealing with.
- If now not the usage of a ceramic non-stick pan like this one, grease the pan neatly between crepes.
- Tip and swirl pan straight away after including batter to coat the pan in a skinny even layer.
- Use a crepe flipper to assist stay crepes from breaking.
How to Serve Crepes
The toppings are the most efficient a part of crepes (I believe) and the choices are actually unending! We like a dollop of lemon curd and recent blueberries on best, or home made Nutella and sliced recent strawberries. Or, stay it easy and unfold with a little bit almond or coconut butter to serve.
Now that I’ve the crepe phase down, I’ll experiment with a whipped cottage cheese filling quickly and will let you understand how it is going!
Protein-Packed Crepes Recipe (with Cottage Cheese)
Yield 16 crepes
These crepes are scrumptious and wholesome, with a hidden spice up of protein from quite a lot of cottage cheese and eggs.
- Combine all of the components aside from the coconut oil in a blender and mix till clean.
- Thin with further almond milk or water if had to create a clean and moderately skinny batter.
- Preheat a pancake griddle or a skillet at the range over medium warmth, including a small quantity of coconut oil.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to pour batter onto preheated griddle or pan and prepare dinner till set within the heart, greasing with further coconut oil between batches if important.
- Serve with out flipping or for very best texture, (sparsely) turn and calmly prepare dinner the opposite facet.
- Serve with recent fruit, peanut butter, honey, or some other desired topping.
These are not as simple to turn as common crepes, so when you have that bother you are now not by myself! Practice makes absolute best? They nonetheless style nice!
Serving Size 2 crepes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat nine.6 g
Saturated Fat five.2 g
Cholesterol 127 mg
Sodium 572 mg
Total Carbohydrates three.five g
Dietary Fiber zero.five g
Sugars zero.Eight g
Protein 12.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are in keeping with a 2,000 calorie nutrition. Your day-to-day values could also be upper or decrease relying in your calorie wishes.
Have you ever made crepes? How did they prove? Please percentage any crepe-making guidelines beneath!