Sausage and egg muffin recipe: under 400 cals breakfast
So this may not be the sausage and egg muffin you have been anticipating, however should you’re yearning the flavor of your favorite golden arches breakfast this provides you with it for a fragment of the energy. These truffles will also be eaten scorching or chilly, and are nice for batch cooking. Make a large batch and have a pair for breakfast, wrap a pair up for lunch with a salad, or devour as a snack.
Prep time: five mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4 – makes Eight truffles
Nutritional information in line with serving (2 truffles)
Calories: 315 | Total fats: 20g | Carbs: 4g | Protein: 27g
- Eight medium eggs
- Salt and pepper
- half of tsp chopped parsley
- Four vegetarian cooked sausages
- 100g grated mature cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 levels and spray a deep muffin tin with Frylight.
- In a jug, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper, parsley and part of the grated cheese.
- Slice the sausage and percentage between the 8 muffin holes. Pour over the egg combination and the opposite part of the cheese.
- Bake within the oven for 15 mins till the eggs have risen and the cheese has melted on best.
- Gently carry out of the tin and devour. Nothing extra, not anything much less.
This recipe was once made the use of veggie sausages as they’re decrease in energy and saturated fats, which no doubt approach you’ll have extra of them – an advantage should you question me. If you’re maintaining a tally of your carb consumption, those are highest as they’re very low in carbs.
This recipe may be very simply doubled, that means you’ll make two times as a lot to stay within the refrigerator to snatch and cross if you are feeling the wish to snack on one thing in between foods. A few truffles will fulfill that yearning lengthy sufficient and are prime in protein, so that they’ll stay you going till your subsequent meal.