Yamanouchi Leads Six Under Doha Standard in Deepest Women’s 10000 m in World This Year
With the 31:50.00 usual for the 2019 Doha World Championships 10000 m introduced previous this week following the IAAF’s about-face on its new global scores gadget, Japan wasted no time in getting its other folks below the mark.
In chilly prerequisites for the mid-afternoon Corporate Women’s Time Trials meet at Yamaguchi’s Ishin Me-Life Stadium the ladies’s 10000 m A-heat went out robust and stable, 15:45 via midway earlier than the lead workforce started to splinter. Just two weeks after a season-worst efficiency on the National Corporate Women’s Ekiden the Atsushi Sato-coached Minami Yamanouchi (Kyocera) roared again into shape with a 31:16.48 meet report for the win, outkicking Kenyan Grace Kimanzi (Starts) to land at #2 in the sector thus far this yr and #Eight at the all-time Japanese checklist. Yamanouchi and Kimanzi had been the one two to transparent 31:20, however all informed six girls made it below the 31:50 Doha usual, making the race the yr’s private international.
Having absolutely recovered from her blackout on the National Corporate Women’s Ekiden qualifying race in October, Harumi Okamoto (Mitsui Sumitomo Kaijo) simply beat out Rina Nabeshima (Japan Post) 31:28.20 to 31:28.81, each making the all time Japanese best 25 and coming in at #Four and #Five international this yr. Shiori Yano (Canon AC Kyushu) and Yuka Hori (Panasonic) rounded out the Doha qualifiers, with Seventh-placer Natsuka Sekiya (Daito Bunka Univ.) lacking out through an agonizing 0.17.
Half marathon nationwide report holder Kayoko Fukushi (Wacoal) was once 14th in 32:26.32, simply lapped through Yamanouchi in the house immediately, whilst Nabeshima’s marathoner teammate Hanami Sekine (Japan Post) was once off her recreation at 21st in 33:18.37. Rio Olympian Miyuki Uehara (Daiichi Seimei), one in all best two Japanese girls to make an OLympic 5000 m ultimate, dropped out mid-race. Two extra probabilities stay this yr for Japanese girls to report qualifying marks for Doha, subsequent week’s Zatopek:10 that includes the resurgent Hitomi Niiya (Nike Tokyo TC) and the overall Nittai University Time Trials meet later in the month.
Corporate Women’s Time Trials
Ishin Me-Life Stadium, Yamaguchi, 12/8/18
Women’s 10000 m Heat 2
1. Minami Yamanouchi (Kyocera) – 31:16.48 – MR
2. Grace Kimanzi (Starts) – 31:17.28
3. Harumi Okamoto (Mitsui Sumitomo Kaijo) – 31:28.20
4. Rina Nabeshima (Japan Post) – 31:28.81
5. Shiori Yano (Canon AC Kyushu) – 31:44.13
6. Yuka Hori (Panasonic) – 31:48.93
7. Natsuki Sekiya (Daito Bunka Univ.) – 31:50.17
8. Kaori Morita (Panasonic) – 31:57.95
9. Keiko Nogami (Juhachi Ginko) – 32:14.86
10. Ai Hosoda (Daihatsu) – 32:21.11
11. Mai Shoji (Denso) – 32:22.82
12. Ayumi Hagiwara (Toyota Jidoshokki) – 32:25.90
13. Misaki Hayashida (Toyota Jidoshokki) – 32:26.65
14. Kayoko Fukushi (Wacoal) – 32:36.32
15. Ayano Ikenuchi (Denso) – 32:50.25
DNF – Miyuki Uehara (Daiichi Seimei)
picture © 2018 M.Kawaguchi, all rights reserved
textual content © 2018 Brett Larner, all rights reserved